Is every information of your hospital always at your disposal?
Are operations at your hospital agile, smooth yet error-free?
Anyone associated with the hospital industry would tell you about the perils of conventional methods of managing a hospital setup and why it is imperative to have a Hospital Management Software.
Providing the best care to ailing patients while managing medical records, consultant’s timesheets, machines and inventory, finances, staff, regulatory laws and so much more can be highly daunting and cumbersome. Let alone the critical decision making that goes into running this full-time activity zone for health care.
With so many tasks to juggle at once manually, methods for improvement usually get pushed on the backburner in the quest for simply finishing the tasks. A hospital Management System automates the various complicated operational workflows. Let us see how this digital platform benefits your hospital’s overall functioning.
- Helps Deliver Enhanced Patient Care:
The smooth functioning of a hospital is determined by its standard operating procedures. This involves all the tasks that are allotted to staff; from trained medical and paramedical professions to non-medical staff who take care of hospital’s administration, billing, payrolls, etc.
HIMS maintains these standard operating procedures on an integrated digital network which combines information from all departments on a single platform.
The network offers you access to:
- real-time operational and patient information,
- Administrative staff and physicians’ schedules,
- live tracking of staff activities and inventory &
- automatic updation of clinical data across all the departments of the hospital.
This lends itself to increasing the operational efficiency and pace of patient care at the organization.
- Ensure Data Security and Retrievability:
Data Security is crucial for any hospital. Any data breach issues can put a hospital in serious problems. It is nearly impossible to ensure utmost data security manually. HIMS makes this easier for hospitals by automating several related tasks and involves:
- Protecting the privacy of patients and maintaining the confidentiality of their data.
- Eliminating inappropriate access and mis-handling of patient information.
- Preventing a data breach by providing a strong tracking mechanism and stringent controls. Data breach can cause harm not only to the patient but also to the organization, intrinsically and economically.
- Restrictions on unauthorised access to information which means only the medical professionals with access rights/credentials can access any patient information
What is the use of having the information which is not easily accessible when needed? HIMS equips you with ways to retrieve any information at just a click of a button. This digitisation helps in solving the possible issues of manual file and folder management, document organization, and minimizes error associated with information handling.
- Gives your hospital a better ROI:
With HIMS installation, the amount of manual labor that is required in the hospital can reduce drastically, thereby reducing operational costs and expenditures significantly. This is because human intervention is replaced by the automation put into place by an integrated HIMS. This also provides accelerated organizational functioning through increased scope of accuracy in processing patient and staff information.
- Keeps a check on revenue leakages:
Plugging revenue leakages can be challenging and can keep a hospital from realising its actual profits. Having an integrated HIMS makes it possible to keep track of even the smallest of activities that can help you steer clear of any leakages. It helps you:
- Keep track of organizational expenditures and staff salaries
- Set credit limits
- Define concessions for all eligible categories, such as army veterans, senior citizens, students, etc.
- Generate automated department-wise and component wise bills (to help avoid revenue leakages)
- Keep track of inventory purchased and consumed as per the requirement to avoid any pilferages
- Keep a check on costs incurred on annual maintenance of assets and usage of these assets. These include Medical machinery and equipment management and spends
- Reduces Scope of Errors:
When all the actions are run smoothly with the help of an HIMS system, there is a prioritized sense of urgency in delivering patient care, while also reducing the scope of errors.
Here’s an example:
Consider two patients with the same name, consulting two different doctors for two different conditions. These patients require separate medication and on a regular basis.his scenario could create confusion. An HIMS stores and updates all this information using a unique patient ID for every patient. So with just a few clicks a staff member required to administer medication to Patient A, is able to do so by glancing over their records in no time, reducing the chances of any possible errors.
This is because of the end-to-end digitization within the HIMS network that leads to less manual work and enables a delay-free treatment routine to the patient in the long run, this positively impacts the hospital reputation and increases the organization’s score on the patient care index.
The appeal of an HIMS lies in how it can respond to specific bottlenecks that may exist in your hospital’s functioning systems without you even knowing it. Having the right automation solutions for your organization can keep the staff, management and patients happy. With seamless integration across various departments and modules within the network, a Hospital Information Management Software System could be just the tool required to bring a hospital one rung up on the ladder to epitomized healthcare.